The centre welcomes inquiries from students who may be interested in undertaking study for a higher degree in relation to ethics or social research in medicine and the health sciences.
The Venerable Batapola Nanda Thero and Professor Suresh Sundram 25 August 2012
Centre for Ethics in Medicine and Society (CEMS)
The Centre offers educational programs regarding the ethical management of scientific research involving humans, and works more broadly and collaboratively with various medical, academic and community interest groups to establish ethical frameworks for education and service delivery. The Centre is based in the Central Clinical School at Monash University.
News and events
- Ancient cultures, new futures launchIn August 2012 CEMS facilitated a highly successful reconciliation workshop: Ancient cultures, new futures: Sri Lankans moving forward together, in Sri Lanka. This has been followed by the development of an Australian based initiative, launched 11 June 2013. Links: Press release; Global reconciliation
- Chinese medicine in Australia research project
Participant information and Invitation to participate
- Online Ethics Training Course - Open for registration NOW
This Online Ethics Training Course is designed with members of Human Research Ethics Committees in mind. It is provided in a format that allows participants to progress through the training in their own time by viewing online videos and filling in an online workbook. For more information please see under Courses and Events.
- Intensive Research Ethics Courses (IREC) 2013
Scheduled for 2-6 June at Peppers Craigieburn Resort, Bowral NSW; and 1-5 December at the Bellinzona Grange Resort, Hepburn Springs. For further details, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
- The Monash University Clinical Ethics Resource
A free on-line service intended to provide an expanding resource for health practitioners of all kinds. You are invited to contribute to its ongoing development.